Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Adventures of Cosmo Girl-Part I

"I'm Rhea and I'm ready to take my place as the smallest and cutest person in Africa. I'm worried that I may need a third suitcase for my new evening gown collection and I hope to become even smaller and cuter, if possible. Kisses!!! xoxoxoxo Rhea"


According to Seth that's what my first post is supposed to say...and sadly it's pretty accurate :/ I'm so excited I can't even begin to describe it but I'm also really scared. Mostly about how I'm going to get all of my stuff from the airport to the hotel! I have spend the past two weeks like Shane rushing around trying to buy everything and fit it into two 50 lbs suitcases. Which by the way is ridiculous how am I supposed to fit enough stuff for 9 weeks in two suitcases? But anyway some how I managed.

I honestly can't wait it blows my mind that in one week I will be in Kampala and a few days after that I will be moving into my own cottage in Katosi. Honestly I'm not entirely clear on what I will be doing but I know that I am working mostly in the office helping with bookkeeping and checking the efficiency of Katosi's Water Sanitation Programs. I'm just excited to start even if I had to clean houses I would be excited about going to Uganda I've always wanted to work in Africa and I can't wait to get there.

I'm not sure how my 9 weeks in Uganda will go but I do know one thing for sure, after I leave the women of Katosi Uganda will be equipt with many skills which will be invaluable to their lives. After I'm gone those women will be able to give the BEST mani/pedis in Africa.

No comments: