Wednesday, July 14, 2010

kampala

the bombings this sunday were a shock to us all. Thank goodness all of us were safe but the pictures and newspapers made it seem hard to believe that all was well for the citizens of kampala. It was a suprise to know that these were acts of terrorism and that 74 people were killed. I wanted to cry seeing the pictures of people in the bombings and one of my coworker's friend was a victim in this tragedy.
Its also sad to know that im now leaving in less than two weeks. As I was talking to the people I work with and our "mom" here, it really hit me that I was going to be leaving this country that I have grown to love so soon. I dont really know what to feel since I am excited to go home to see my family yet sad to leave since there is still so much to do. It's a bittersweet emotion.

No comments: